Monday, August 1, 2011

Mad Moms

Oh Moms--we have those days don't we?

We wake up with hopes of our plans going just right (according to us)... but as you step out of bed you realize there was actually something pressing you simply forgot about, you recall there is an important phone call to make, then you hear... the voices--voices that are not happy....bickering voices...  followed by a curdling, "MOM!"...It isn't lookin' too good...from there the day seems to spiral out of control.
Are ya catching my drift? Have you been there?

Or maybe you have prayed for patience. Oh Yes, you have prayed..... Maybe that you wouldn't get so angry at the children,  that  you would respond gently to whatever challenges your young ones bring you...and you try with your own power that only lasts up until the latest sibling outbreak in your home. Then you ask  "What happened, Lord? Didn't I pray and ask for help in this area? HELP!"

Mothers, don't be discouraged. The Lord IS working powerfully in your life. He is allowing you to see  your weakness and in that weakness His power is being perfected. (2 Corinthian 12:9)
 There are days when I fail and just feeling like running away. I believe my failings are going to  influence my children and tarnish and traumatize them for life----wouldn't they be better off without me?

Well-it's a lie...don't fall for it.

Without me depending on God's help this home would be in a different place...and it is the same in your home..You are so vital to your family.  There are days when I am naive and gullible entertaining the false ideas that I am messing everything up. Thankfully, the Lord is with me and strengthens and encourages my spirit. He reminds me that each time I look to Him for guidance and forgiveness I get a clean slate and a brand new chance!  He is my helper and my deliverer and focuses me to see clearly through the hazy thoughts, pressure from the outside and the lies that threaten to tear down my home. Because of this I am joyful! When your thoughts are distracted, call to Him to redirect you.

So if  you are going through these things,  moms, know that you are not alone.

Know that you are not the only one who has felt that way--mothers everywhere have gone through this and more.

Know that God is right beside you gently guiding you through the wretched crooked paths and bringing you home.

Trust in Him,and not yourself, and let Him lead the way.

Don't give up--there is too much at stake--generations will be affected for the decisions you make today.

And continue to PERSEVERE because you know that this is His MIGHTY WORK He has laid out for you

and that He will be glorified through it as you faithfully lay your life down at His feet.


"He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young."
-Isaiah 40:11
                                                                           Hang on moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment